We offer a variety of excellent resources that you can access as a student, teacher, or parent. One GALE database, Opposing viewpoints, will lead viewers to newspaper articles on different topics. The PTHS Library also subscribes to the databases offered by Power Library such as AP Images, SIRS Discoverer, and MasterFile Main Edition and Newspaper Source Plus. These resources will hopefully provide all of the information you need for a variety of research projects.
Click HERE to access the database passwords.
You must sign in using your PTSD Google Apps account to access this page. Usernames and passwords are also available in the library.
Excellent Database for:
- author biographies
- literary criticisms
- videos about famous literary works
Topics Covered and Resources Available:
There's an app for that!
Gale's Databases have an Access My School Library App available for the iPhone and iPad.
Search your App store for the Access My School Library App, select Peters Township High School, and begin researching!
School Access: Click HERE to access Power Library at school.
Home Access: TWO OPTIONS
Available Databases in Power Library:
- AP Images -multiple images from the past up today. Download from here for use in projects; images downloaded via PowerLibrary will be free of watermarks
- SIRS Discoverer - offers basic encyclodpedia; articles from numerous periodicals and news outlets; and images from a variety of sources
- Masterfile Main Edition - excellent resource for articles from a variety of academic journals
- Newspaper Source Plus - search for articles from both domestic and international news sources
Infobase publishing ebooks
- Encyclopedia of Careers and Vocational Guidance
- A-Z of Greek and Roman Women
- Encyclopedia of Greek and Roman Mythology
- Encyclopedia of Contemporary Writers and their Works
- Student's Encyclopedia of Great American Writers
This is the link for the Literary and Cultural Heritage Map of Pennsylvania, a database created by Penn State University.