Global Studies Project – Middle East
Task: Create an informational travel website for the country of your choice.
View the rubric HERE.
Click HERE for the link to Weebly to create your website.
Various Middle Eastern countries have hired you to create new websites in an effort to promote tourism. These websites must include in-depth information about the country as well as travel guidelines and restrictions for those interested in visiting.
- Research the country of your choice using books, databases, and websites. You must use 4 sources.
- Basic demographics and cultural information – Where is the country located? Population, language, currency, religion, gender roles, commerce, weather, etc.
- Political/economic systems of the country.
- Current events that are important to the political/social climate of the country – What does this mean for travelers? Riots? Protests?
- Two places of interest with historical relevance – Why would you visit? How does it relate to the culture or history of the country?
- Travel restrictions – Warnings, bans on travel, danger, vaccinations required, etc.
- Images – various attractions, landscapes, people, etc.
- Create a website using Ms. Corsinelli’s Weebly page. Include all information found during the research stage. Make sure the information is clear, structured, and the website is easy to navigate.
- Include a link to all sources used – create a works cited page on your website to list all websites, books, database articles, etc.
Resources - Use the following to help with your research:
Click HERE FOR DATABASE PASSWORDS
*A to Z Database – A to Z the World – You can access this database with your library card OR see Ms. Gilroy to use the PTHS library card.
Gale Virtual Reference Library – PTHS Library Databases
Gale Opposing Viewpoints in Context - PTHS Library Databases
U.S. Department of State Website – http://travel.state.gov/content/passports/english/country.html
Outline: Create an outline that’ll help organize your website. List all of your findings under each section.
Google Doc: If you’re collaborating with another person or group of people, create a Google Doc that will allow you to share information, edit your findings, etc.
Noodle Tools Express